- Built-in exhalation ports provide a continuous path for exhaling carbon dioxide.
- Faceplate does not obstruct the user's vision.
- Entrainment Valve - Allows patient to breathe room air if pressure is discontinued as in the case of power failure.
- Pressure Pickoff - Allows connection of a proximal pressure line or monitoring device.
- Quick Release Cord - Enables fast removal of the mask.
- Headgear Straps - Attach to Velcro(R) hooks for secure placement.
The Respironics Total Face CPAP Mask is designed for patients who have difficulty tolerating other full face and nasal CPAP masks. Some benefits of the Total Face CPAP Mask are a one size fits all and a fast and effective seal with no fitting required. The Total Face CPAP mask comes with a quick release cord for fast mask removal, and it's ideal for those in need of immediate ventilation. Because the Total Face Mask covers the entire face, there are no pressure points, eliminating sores and skin breakdowns. It's made of clear plastic which allows the user an unobstructed view, helping with the feeling of claustrophobia.
The Respironics Total Face CPAP mask is the original, and once was the only Total Face mask on the market. Used by multiple CPAP users, this mask is designed for a specific population of patients. If you have tried a Full Face mask, Nasal mask, or Nasal Pillows System and have not had success, the Total Face mask from Respironics may provide you with successful compliance. This mask can be used with CPAP or BiPAP therapy with any pressure range, and works especially well for higher pressure patients.