- ThermoSmart Technology - Patented Fisher & Paykel humidification design that is proven to provide more humidity and comfort for the user.
- Includes ThermoSmart Heated Tubing for increased humidification and decreased chance of "rain out".
- Fully Integrated Humidifier - Small, compact CPAP design that includes a full humidifier with a very easy-to-fill water chamber.
- Compliance Reporting and SmartStick Data Collection - Track how much you are using your CPAP as well as how effective that treatment is with your ICON.
- SmartDial One-Touch Navigation - User-friendly controls designed for the user.
- Proportional Ramp - Adjust naturally to therapy as you fall asleep because the machine gradually increases your pressure over a specified period of time.
- Auto-Altitude Adjustment - Your machine will compensate for any changes in altitude automatically.
- Convenient Elbow-to-Tubing Connection - Tubing swivels freely from its rotating connection to the machine.
The F&P Premo incorporates patented ThermoSmart Technology that provides increased humidification, thereby increasing the comfort of your CPAP use. Many side effects of CPAP use can be attributed to dry air blowing into the airway. During normal inhalation, the human body can easily humidify the air at the correct level, but when the air coming in on each inhale is increased greatly (as it is while using a CPAP blower), the body cannot keep up. Side effects include dry mouth, inflamed sinuses, dry eyes and much more. The F&P ICON Premo seeks to alleviate these uncomfortable issues by assuring that, with each breathe, you receive the optimal level of humidification.
This CPAP and humidifier package includes the optional F&P ThermoSmart Heated Tubing. This heated tubing works to reduce the common phenomenon called "rain out". Rain out occurs when warm air hits the colder area outside of the machine, causing condensation and water build-up to occur in the tubing. The ThermoSmart tube has heated coils that reduce this condensation and increases the amount of humidity that makes it to your airway.
The ICON Premo also includes many other features that make CPAP therapy more comfortable and convenient for you. It's small, travel-friendly design includes a fully integrated humidifier, so you have your CPAP and humidifier with you whenever you travel. Compliance reporting and data collection can tell you how much you've been using your CPAP and how well that CPAP has been working (called "efficacy data"). Easy to use controls make the F&P ICON Premo a good machine for even the least tech-savvy person, and once your machine is set-up, using it is as simple as pressing and turning the SmartDial control. Other features such as alarm clock, auto-altitude adjustment, advanced leak compensation, and proportional ramp mean that the ICON family of CPAP machines has everything you need to be successful in your CPAP treatment.